Updated: April 21, 2016
Web developer looking to learn as much as I can about software and how its implemented. I am a Web Developer not a Designer. I have design skills (UI and UX), but I do not specialize in Design. With the right Designer/ Team I can accomplish almost anything in web development, and I can help you build your online presence for your business. I can bring experience to the table with both front-end and back-end development, and I tend to be a jack of all trades.
Laravel / Meteor / Angular
- Responsive Web Design
- PSD (Photoshop files/ Design files) to HTML conversion and PSD to Wordpress conversion.
- Application development in such programs as PhoneGap and Cordova.
- Database management / PHPMyAdmin
- bash script, linux command line
- Server maintenance and administration.
- I know how to make use of PHP in page templates, Custom Post Types, and Custom Fields in Wordpress to display any kind of content.
- E-commerce websites
- Wordpress Plugin and Theme Development
WordPress Developer (freelance)
I have been working for myself on and off for years since 2013.
Northrop GrummanDec 2016 - Current
Contractor for Northrop Grumman through TEKsystems. I work with Northrop Grumman to help support the CDC in the Digital Media Branch in the Office of the Associate Director for Communication.
TopTalMay 2016 - Dec 2016
Toptal is a place where you can hire designers and developers to create or update your site. They have a rigorous onboarding system that tests all the developers and designers very thoroughly. Once I passed I am able to set my availability and apply for jobs on a listing board. I worked for one main client through Toptal and it was a law agency in LA, they had an already existing site and I made some customizations and updates.
Sideways 8May 2016 - Dec 2016
Octane Marketing SolutionsSeptember 2014 - Mar 2016 (W2), Mar 2016 - Dec 2016 (1099)
The lead developer and admin of a growing marketing company in Marietta, GA. We serve our clients to the best of our ability and provide business solutions to any small or corporate business depending on their needs. I manage all of Octane's clients which includes things like: System Administration, PHP development, HTML templates, CSS media queries, database administration, email configuration, and much more.
VisionQuestMay 2013 - Sept 2014 (freelance)
Web Developer (freelance)
A growing business that provides software solutions to its customers. We manage a cPanel /WHM (Web Host Manager) server for some of our internal websites, but also to provide a place for clients to host with us. Whether its websites or mobile apps we aim to please.
JamersanMay 2013 - October 2013
This is where I learned CSS, responsive web design, how to write wordpress plug-ins, create custom wordpress templates, and custom post types. TJ is very knowledgeable and I learned a lot from him, he runs a Magento development shop that does good work. I only signed on to be a intern, but stayed for a couple months longer and I appreciate what I learned from this job.
Auburn UniversityAugust 2012 - August 2013
As a research assistant I learned how to do good research work for Dr. Hamilton at Auburn University. When there I worked on a Unity game development project for Con-ops in 3D modeling. I also wrote a PHP website for http://cyber.auburn.edu.
CoachCommAugust 2011 - August 2012
Coachcomm does audio equipment for football. I maintenance the college systems that come in. I started working in the production department. I enjoy learning about hardware and troubleshooting at Coachcomm.
The LoftMay 2010 - March 2012
I created a website for The Loft. It is a business located in downtown Columbus, GA. They have a venue for comedy and music shows, and I helped develop the online store for ticket purchases. I maintenance the event calendar, and continue to do work with The Loft currently.
Lowe's Home ImprovementApril 2009 - July 2009
Customer Service Associate/Cashier
Helped contractors in the Lumber department. Received some forklift training and customer service knowledge.
Ruby Tuesday'sSept 2008 - Feb 2009
Salad Bar manager, prep cook, line cook, and pantry
At the short time I was with Ruby Tuesday's I worked four different jobs. I fufilled whatever position was needed that week
Houlihan'sAug 2007 - Feb 2008
Bus boy, prep cook, expo
Here I started as a bus boy cleaning tables and worked my way into the kitchen and learned the back-of-house operations of a restaurant. Eventually I was an expo garnishing plates before they go out and getting them to the right server and table. Also, learned from the head chef Cory Mack about how to cut food properly and how to properly prep for demands of the kitchen at Houlihan's.
Mrs. WinnersJun 2006 - Aug 2007, Feb 2008 - July 2008 Marietta, GA
Cashier, cook, and shift supervisor. Started in 2006 and was almost a manager before leaving for college. Good relationship with boss led me to doing catering orders and running parts of the store even after returning from a hiatus with another job.
Auburn University2012 - 2014
Bachelor's degree, Computer Science, Junior
Currently attending night school to try and finish after starting my own business. Took courses in Java and Java 2 where we learned about data structures. Also, took classes in Machine Assembly and Algorithms. Activities and Societies: Research Assistant
Southern Union State Community College2008 - 2012
Associate's degree, Science, Graduated 2012
Took classes to transfer to Auburn University, and had a total of 69 hours transferred. This included all my math, science and core classes. Therefore, had all the prerequisites for an associate's degree and I received that before transferring to Auburn.
Alan C Pope High School2004 - 2008
High School Diploma, College Prep
College Prep field of study. Took clasees in electives such as Databasebase Management and Whitehousing, Access and Excel, and Telecommunications. Activities and Societies: Wrestling
- Experienced with hardware installation including hard drives, Ethernet cards, video cards, memory, CPUs, etc.
- Ability to assemble an entire PC including peripheral devices from OEM materials.
- Very familiar with peripheral devices including: iPods (and other MP3 players), cameras, scanners, printers, and multimedia devices.
- Ability to repair hardware issues with Microsoft Xbox and Xbox 360.
- Built product on an assembly line and understand the manufacturing and production process including test procedures and proper Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) protocols.
- Have experience with wireless communication systems including troubleshooting sound quality and radio testing.
- Experience with soldering components and can easily perform board level repair with the right equipment.
- 7+ years of virus removal experience
- Very skilled with installation, networking, and desktop support with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, Windows Media Center, Windows 2000, and Windows 98 SE.
- Limited experience with Apple Macintosh, but more experience with Linux and Unix based system units.
- Expert with business applications like Word, Excel, Access, Vizio, Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft Virtual PC, Corel Draw, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.
- Completed classes in basic SQL and Oracle.
- Limited experience with VB6 and C++ application development.
- Some experience with editing of the Windows registry and Environment Variables.
- Experience with Android development.
- Familiar with routers, switches, and WLAN devices as well as Ethernet cabling and cable creation.
- Experienced with Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, Ubuntu server, and SQL server
- Knowledge of WLAN encryption methods and networking implementation.
- Implemented firewalls and complete understanding of TCP/IP ports.
- Ability to implement DHCP and DNS servers.
- Familiarity with IIS and web servers
- Experienced with Active Directory and Indexing services.
- Some experience with Windows domain servers, and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Experienced with virtual machines including hyper-V virtual machines.
- Skilled in database management in both Oracle and MYSQL.
- Experience with encrypted files and hidden folders.
- Familiar with hashes and network security.
- Familiar with rainbow tables and password cracking.
- Submitted white paper on Cyber Attack Analysis through Auburn University.
- Developed four websites for a business located in Columbus, GA.
- Developed a php based website for Auburn University's Cyber Defence Labs.
- Expert in wordpress an open source Content Management System (CMS) that is used for content management.
- Expert in converting designs into fully functional websites, and experience with Responsive Websites that includes Mobile Development (Android and iOS).
- Expert in HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3.
- Know how to use Adobe CS5 Master Collection of webmaster tools including Photoshop, Flash, and Dreamweaver.
- Developed e-commerce sites in both Zen-cart and Magento.
- Familiar with Git and github also with bitbucket.
Previous Employer - Professional Reference
GM of Mrs. Winners
Austell, GA (678)-641-2585
Family friend - Personal Reference
Restaurant Manager at The Loft
Columbus, GA (706)-992-3912
Family friend - Personal Reference
Regional Manager at Verizon
Newnan, GA (334)-796-0220
- Website Development
- Mobile Applications
- User Interface Design
- User Experience
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Web Development
- Server Maintenance
- Custom CMS Development
- Agile Web Development
- Database Management
- OS X
- Hardware Installation
- Network Troubleshooting
- Software Development
- Microsoft Office
- Amazon Web Services
- WHM (Web Host Manager)
- multimedia streaming
- building computers
- new technology
- software development
- range shooting
- server maintenance
- League of Legends
- Raspberry Pi's
- touchscreen devices
- Phone hacking