- Framework: this describes a given structure of "how" you should present your code. Pretty much like a code-template, along some helpers, constructors etc. to solve/simplify a specific problem or bring your architecture in "order". Examples, "Backbone", "requireJS", "socketIO".
- Library: Is an entire toolkit which highly abstracts different layers, like browsers / DOM models / etc. Also as a good toolkit, it offers a lot of tools and neat stuff to work with, which in general, simplify your coding experience. Examples "jQuery", "MooTools", "YUI"
- = Favorite
- = Library
- = Framework
- Visionquest uses this product.
- socket.io — Realtime application framework (Node.JS server)
- jQuery UI — The official jQuery user interface library.
- Next.js — Next.js gives you the best developer experience with all the features you need for production: hybrid static & server rendering, TypeScript support, smart bundling, route pre-fetching, and more.
- Gatsby — Gatsby is a React-based open source framework for creating websites and apps.
- express.js — Express is a minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- midori — Library for animating image backgrounds in websites. Written with three.js and uses WebGL.
- Jade/Jade Runtime — robust, elegant, feature rich template engine for Node.js
- Handlebars — Minimal templating on steroids
- lazyload — LazyLoad is a lightweight (2.4 kB) and flexible script that speeds up your web application by deferring the loading of your below-the-fold images, videos and iframes to when they will enter the viewport.
- systemJS — Configurable module loader, running System modules at almost-native speed, and enabling ES module semantics and features such as top-level await, dynamic import, and import maps with full compatibility for older browsers. Similar to webpack.
- Parcel — Blazing fast, zero configuration web application bundler.
- puppeteer — Puppeteer is a Node library which provides a high-level API to control Chrome or Chromium over the DevTools Protocol.
Touch Libraries / Mobile UI liraries
- Slideout.js — A touch slideout navigation menu for your mobile web apps.
- hammer.js — multi touch java script library.
- touch swipe — a jquery plugin for touch devices
- iconate.js — Transform your icons with trendy animations.
- Onsen UI — Custom Elements-Based HTML5 UI Framework for Building Your Mobile Front End
- WOW.js — Reveal CSS animation as you scroll down a page
- bxSlider — The responsive CSS animation framework for creating unique sliders, presentations, banners, and other step-based applications.
- AniJS — A Library to Raise your Web Design without Coding
- stellar.js — Parallax scrolling made easy
- Parallax.js — Parallax Engine that reacts to the orientation of a smart device
- scrollReveal.js — Easily reveal elements as they enter the viewport.
- onepage-scroll — Create an Apple-like one page scroll website.
Graphical/visualization (canvas or SVG related)
- Phaser — a fun, free and fast 2D game framework for making HTML5 games for desktop and mobile web browsers, supporting Canvas and WebGL rendering
- Pixi.js — Super fast HTML 5 2D rendering engine that uses webGL with canvas fallback
- Epoch — A general purpose, real-time visualization library.
- SVG.js — A lightweight library for manipulating and animating SVG
Chart Libraries / Data visualization
- Chartist.js — Simple responsive charts
- paper.js — Paper.js is an open source vector graphics scripting framework that runs on top of the HTML5 Canvas.
- FlexSlider — An awesome, fully responsive jQuery slider plugin
- OwlCarousel — Owl Carousel. Touch enabled jQuery plugin that lets you create beautiful responsive carousel slider.
- Slick.js — Sliders library
- slippry.js — Carousel library
- bespoke — Bespoke.js is a super minimal (1KB min'd and gzipped), modular presentation library for modern browsers, designed to foster a rich plugin ecosystem.
- reveal.js — reveal.js is an open source HTML presentation framework.
- Flickity — Touch, responsive, flickable galleries
- Swiper — Most modern mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions
- Magnific Popup — Light and responsive lightbox script with focus on performance.
- Lightbox2 — The original lightbox script, now on Github!
- luidbox — Replicating and improving the lightbox module seen on Medium with fluid transitions.
- Colorbox — A light-weight, customizable lightbox plugin for jQuery
- Fluidbox — Replicating and improving the lightbox module seen on Medium with fluid transitions.
- Swipebox — A touchable jQuery lightbox
- Sweetalert — A beautiful replacement for success messages
- fancyBox — FancyBox is a tool for displaying images, html content and multi-media in a Mac-style "lightbox" that floats overtop of web page.
Unit Testing / Testing Frameworks
- prettier — An opinionated code formatter
- husky — Git hooks made easy.
Web-Application related MVC
- Backbone.js — Give your JS App some Backbone with Models, Views, Collections, and Events
- Riot JS — Simple and elegant component-based UI library
- Svelte — Svelte is a radical new approach to building user interfaces. Whereas traditional frameworks like React and Vue do the bulk of their work in the browser, Svelte shifts that work into a compile step that happens when you build your app.
- batman.js — a full-stack microframework extracted from real use and designed to maximize developer and designer happiness. It favors convention over configuration, template-less views, and high performance by simply not doing very much. It all adds up to blazingly fast web apps with a great development process; it's batman.js.
- impress.js — It's a presentation framework based on the power of CSS3 transforms and transitions in modern browsers and inspired by the idea behind prezi.com.
- DataTables — Add advanced interaction controls to your HTML tables the free & easy way.
- dropzone.js — DropzoneJS is an open source library that provides drag'n'drop file uploads with image previews.
- typeahead.js — a fast and fully-featured autocomplete library
- popper.js — Positioning tooltips and popovers is difficult. Popper is here to help! Used with Bootstrap.
- forkit.js — Adds a unique pull down menu to your site! Mimics the github ribbon!
- MixItUp — Library for sorting and filtering.
- Masonry — Cascading grid layout library
- Packery — Cascading grid layout library
- Isotope — Filter & sort magical layouts
- Headroom.js — Give your pages some headroom. Hide your header until you need it
- Gridster.js — gridster.js is a jQuery plugin that makes building intuitive draggable layouts from elements spanning multiple columns
- CodeMirror — In-browser code editor
- FullCalendar — Full-sized drag & drop event calendar (jQuery plugin)
- FitVids.js — A lightweight, easy-to-use jQuery plugin for fluid width video embeds.
- jPlayer — jPlayer : HTML5 Audio & Video for jQuery
- Jcrop — Image Cropping Plugin for jQuery
- jQuery Timepicker/Datepicker — Adds a timepicker to jQueryUI Datepicker
- jQuery validation library — form validation in JS
- AngularJS Touch Carousel — Mobile friendly AngularJS carousel
- proto.io — Create filly interactive high fidelity prototypes in minutes that look and work exactly like you app should.
- matchHeight — Ever wish you could have two columns with different sized content match each other's height? With this library you can make a row of columns match each other's height to create symmetrical boxes of equal height throught your website!
- NSFW.js - protect your site from showing NSFW content powered by AI. Link
- HTML5 Shiv — This script is the defacto way to enable use of HTML5 sectioning elements in legacy Internet Explorer.
- MathJax — Beautiful and accessible math in all browsers
- clipboard.js — Copy to clipboard without Flash
Technologies / Tools used
- node JS
Sources: StackOverflow, Wikipedia, Weight-of-it.com